Invisalign – Atlanta, GA
A Clear Path to a Straighter Smile
Plenty of people want straighter teeth but are unhappy with the idea of getting braces. Thankfully, there’s a much clearer path to a straighter smile – Invisalign! These revolutionary clear aligners allow patients to achieve the beautiful, uniform smiles that they’ve always wanted without any of the discomfort that’s associated with traditional metal braces. To learn a little more about Invisalign in Atlanta and what it’s truly capable of, continue reading below or feel free to contact our office for additional assistance.
Why Choose Buckhead Orthodontics for Invisalign?
- Knowledgeable and Experienced Dental Team
- Private Family-Owned Orthodontic Office
- In-House Financing & Payment Plans Available
How Invisalign Works
Rather than relying on metal brackets and wires, Invisalign relies on sets of clear plastic aligners to gradually shift your teeth into a straighter and healthier position. You’ll wear each set for about two weeks at a time before advancing to a new one to match your teeth’s progress. You also won’t have to visit us as often as you would with traditional braces, but you will still need to see us every six weeks or so to pick up your new aligners and have us inspect your smile to make sure things are going as planned.
Indications for Invisalign
Invisalign can be used to address a wide umbrella of orthodontic issues, including:
If it feels like you have too many teeth in your mouth, you may benefit from wearing Invisalign. The aligners apply precise pressure to different parts of your smile throughout treatment, eventually bringing the teeth into aligned positions. Since crowded teeth greatly increase your risk of tooth decay and gum disease, it’s in your best interest to have this issue corrected promptly.
Gaps Between Teeth
You might also have spaces between your teeth that can make your smile feel unattractive. But just like having crowded teeth, this issue can also increase your risk of oral health issues. This is because leftover bits of food debris can become trapped in these gaps. However, Invisalign can gently push your teeth closer together, closing those gaps and providing added protection to your oral health.
If your whole bite isn’t aligned, it can place unnecessary pressure on your temporomandibular joint (TMJ) and cause problems like TMJ disorder as well as bruxism (teeth grinding and clenching). Fortunately, Invisalign is able to address a wide variety of bite alignment issues like overbites, underbites, and crossbites.
The Benefits of Invisalign
A straighter and more attractive smile isn’t the only benefit that Invisalign has to offer! If you’re deemed eligible for treatment, here are some of the many positives that you can look forward to:
- Safety & Comfort – It’s not uncommon for the metal brackets and wires of traditional braces to cause discomfort by poking and prodding the soft tissues inside the mouth. However, Invisalign is crafted with your comfort and safety in mind, and the smooth plastic of the trays shouldn’t irritate your gums.
- Speed – On average, traditional braces can take 2 or even 3 years to bring your teeth into a straighter position. But Invisalign can typically be completed in just 12 to 18 months, making it a much quicker and more streamlined treatment option.
- Discreetness – Hence the name, Invisalign trays are virtually undetectable while they’re being worn. Unless someone sees you remove your aligners before you eat, no one will even be able to tell that you’re subtly straightening your smile!
Invisalign Teen® Clear Aligners
Did you know that there’s an Invisalign treatment designed for teens? Each aligner comes with a special dot near the back that changes color from clear to blue to white depending on how often the aligner is worn. This way, you have a concrete way to make sure that your child is complying with their treatment. Also, with Invisalign TEEN, you’ll be given a greater number of replacement aligners in case something goes wrong during the treatment.
How Much Does Invisalign Cost?
The cost of Invisalign in Atlanta is different for everyone. No two patients will arrive with the same problem, and because treatment is customized to each individual, the price tag varies. This is why a scheduled consultation with our team at Buckhead Orthodontics is essential. When meeting with our experts, we will not only discuss what you can expect when undergoing Invisalign treatment, but we’ll also provide a clear estimate so that you can better prepare when looking at your budget.
Factors that Affect the Cost of Invisalign
There is a multitude of factors that our team will consider as we look at your smile and determine how much your Invisalign in Atlanta will cost. The good news is that there are options when it comes to payment, so you can still afford to straighten your smile without emptying your wallet.
Some of the factors that we will look at include:
- The severity of your dental problem (i.e., gapped teeth, bite misalignment, overcrowding).
- How many clear aligners you will need to achieve results.
- The expected timeframe to complete the treatment.
Invisalign vs. Smile Direct Club™: Which Costs More?
It’s not uncommon for many patients to be enticed by the affordability of other clear aligner systems like Smile Direct Club™. These solutions offer an appealing price tag while also proclaiming an easier way to achieve a straighter smile. While it is true that this type of solution may be cheaper upfront, there are some caveats that you should be aware of. Some of these include:
- With a DIY option like Smile Direct Club™, you may not receive a consultation beforehand, which means that you are deciding to move forward with treatment. This is potentially harmful, especially if your condition is not conducive to successful aligner care.
- You are required to capture your own impressions using their DIY impression kit. If not incorrectly, it can lead to ill-fitting aligners that can do further damage to your smile.
- Should a problem arise during treatment, you will not have an orthodontist to see face-to-face for help.
- The only type of checking-in you will do is virtual with someone at Smile Direct Club™. This doesn’t allow for a thorough examination but instead, leaves you to discuss your progress.
Choosing to see a skilled Invisalign dentist in Atlanta may be more expensive, but it will ensure that you get the results you desire and deserve. Also, you’ll be less likely to experience a problem your progress will be closely monitored by our knowledgeable and skilled team.
Does Dental Insurance Cover Invisalign?
If you have dental insurance, there is a good chance that you will receive at least partial coverage (up to 50%) for Invisalign treatment. Not all policies include orthodontics, so you’ll need to review your plan before starting with Buckhead Orthodontics. It may be necessary that you purchase an additional policy that covers orthodontics for you and members of your family. No matter what, we will work to maximize your benefits so that you save more when undergoing treatment.
Options for Making Invisalign Affordable
There are also alternative ways to pay if you do not have dental insurance. At Buckhead Orthodontics, we are pleased to offer our patients the following solutions:
- CareCredit – This third-party company offers low-to-no-interest payment plans with no surprise fees. You can easily pay for your orthodontic treatment without dipping into your savings account by spreading out your payments over several months.
- In-House Membership Plan – By enrolling in one of our interest-free payment plans, you can keep your treatment affordable.
Can Invisalign fix an overbite?
Having a slight overbite is completely normal; however, if you find that your jaw is severely misaligned, causing your upper row of teeth to protrude out over your bottom teeth significantly, you’ll need to seek treatment. Invisalign is known to correct mild to moderate overbites as well as other similar bite alignment issues. The only caveat is that more severe overbites will likely need a different form of orthodontic treatment (i.e., traditional braces) before switching to Invisalign.
The only way to know for sure if Invisalign can correct your overbite is to schedule a consultation with a member of our orthodontic team.
How do I clean my Invisalign?
To make sure that your Invisalign aligners stay clean, you’ll need to follow a few simple steps. First, you have the option of using Invisalign Cleaning Crystals. They help to loosen food debris and plaque. There is also a product known as Steraligner, which is a cleaning solution for Invisalign. There is, of course, always the option to use just a soft-bristled toothbrush. Make sure that you rinse them each time you take them out, never use hot water, as this can warp the plastic. Also, you’ll need to clean your teeth to avoid transferring bacteria and food particles.
Who invented Invisalign?
Zia Chishti and Kelsey Wirth of San Jose, CA, were the first to invent Invisalign in 1997. While Chishti is not an orthodontist or dentist, he possesses an MBA from Stanford. While in his program, he underwent traditional orthodontic treatment. Envisioning an alternative treatment that uses clear aligners as opposed to metal brackets and wires, he developed the concept in his dorm room before graduating and founding Align Technologies, LTD with other students.
Although he is no longer with the company, he helped to start something that has allowed more than 10 million people to enjoy the benefits of straight teeth without having to wear metal braces.
Is Invisalign cheaper than braces?
No two smiles are the same, so the cost of orthodontic treatment will also never be the same. No matter if it is traditional braces or Invisalign that you choose, there are various factors that your orthodontist will need to consider before formulating a cost estimate. Typically, Invisalign costs the same as traditional braces. On the higher end of both orthodontic solutions, you may spend around $5,000; however, your oral health, commitment to the plan, and your smile’s misalignment will all be factored into the total price.
In many cases, Invisalign may be more expensive because some insurance companies do not provide coverage, but many individuals say it is worth the investment because of the many benefits the clear aligners provide.